Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Humanitarian Quilts


I make humanitarian blankets because I need service hours for a project I'm working, but I decided to make blankets because after watching the Church's humanitarian video it really did make me so sad to think that some moms around the world bring their newborns home from the hospital wrapped in newspaper because they don't have a blanket for them. I watched this video around the same time my sister had just had a baby and it made me so sad to think about a baby being cold and only wrapped in newspaper, so I decided to make blankets for my service hours :) My mom told me to take a picture of each one I made so I would remember them, so here they are. I still have plenty more to make though, and don't judge me on the way I look. The pictures are purely about the quilt. I take a picture right after I finish them and it's usually late at night when I've given up on my day ha.








Also, I get the fabric from the humanitarian center and then put the quilts together. The horrible fabric choices were not my decision.

1 comment:

  1. Great use of your time and talent! I love the blanket idea because I'm not into quilting. I'm new to Humanitarian Quilts, so I have a couple questions. What is the name of the organization you're working with and where do you get the fabric? Thanks and keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete