Monday, May 2, 2011

Finished Up in the Governor's Office


Weeks 12 & 13

I have finished my internship with the Governor's Office in Idaho. As it was coming to a close I was getting pretty sad, because I loved it up there and I knew I would miss it. A couple days before I left, a lady in my office gave me a gift with a very nice thank you card in it. That of course, only made me more sad about leaving, and I decided to just sit at my desk and think about the things I am going to miss, but I was pretty much just sulking. Wile I was sitting there some sad country music just randomly started playing. I felt like it was right out of a movie. They always play music during the sad scene in shows. Apparently someone was listening to music on their computer, (which never happens) but I just had to laugh about it.
I had a good last 2 weeks though. My sister Tricia came with two of her kids and it was so much fun for me to show them around and spend time with them. Everyone up there was so nice and so appreciative of the work that I did, and let me know that I was going to be missed.
I do feel like this was a great growing experience for me. I understand politics so much better and I enjoy it so much more now as well. This helped me to form my own views and opinions, and to stand confident in what I believe. I learned that if I don't understand something, then I need to research it from all angles. I was able to strengthen my people skills and talk with strangers comfortably. I met and got to know many great and interesting people. I will always remember the wonderful people and experiences I had up there.

This is about half of my staff that I worked with :)

1 comment: