Sunday, March 27, 2011

Weeks 10 & 11


I honestly think my proudest accomplishment for me in week 10 was to eat a steak that looked almost exactly like the one pictured above. I thankfully got lucky and mine was a little bit more cooked in the middle, but not by much. Dad and I went to a Dairyman's Association dinner and when I saw the steaks come out, I was silently panicking to myself. I really don't like meat and the dairyman are really serious about their meat. I was really worried that if I didn't eat it, I would offend them. But it was actually pretty good, and I left that night without offending any of the dairyman.

These past two weeks seem to have blurred in with each other. I don't remember too much of what's been going on. Last week I sat at the Governor's main office desk for the week. So that was fun for me. I couldn't do much work, because all of my work was at my computer, so I was able to just sit and talk to whoever came through. By the way, I am getting pretty good at being able to carry on a conversation with complete strangers :)

This week was pretty slow for the people in the Governor's office. The Governor was out of town for most of it and it's always busy when he's in. It's nice when he's gone because it seems like I'm able to get caught up on work, but I hate it when he's gone, because then he calls the office so much. I have to be on guard every time I answer the phone, and then whoever he wants to talk to, I swear is never by their phone whenever I try to transfer Governor over to them. So it's pretty stressful for me when I'm trying to make a good impression.

It also seems like the legislators got really busy this week, but it hasn't hit the Governor's office yet. I think it's coming to us this week though. I mainly spent week 11 doing work that needed to be done by the end of April. Since I probably won't be here then, I thought it would be best if I did it before I left instead of just left it for someone else to do. So I wrote up a lot of proclamations and welcome letters this week.

It's been a really good week though. Everyone has been so nice and happy this week, I have loved it and I'm not ready for the session to end. One day Claudia, the main secretary, left about 2 hours early, so I was covering everything for her. About an hour after she left, she called me just to tell me thanks for all my help, and she was being really sweet about it. I thought that was so nice of her and I loved the compliments. However, after I got off the phone with her I realized she had just gotten back from a doctor's appointment and then I started wondering if she had been drugged up, but nevertheless, I still appreciate her compliments and I still believe them to be true :)

This has been making me laugh all afternoon so I had to post a picture. My dad got a new program that allows him to talk into his head set and it will type what he's saying. So all night long he has been testing it out. He says random sentences and then tells it to capitalize a certain word or make it bold or strike some part of the sentence. So far it's taken him much much longer to say it than if he were to actually type it, but supposedly it gets quicker the more he uses it. Let's hope so!

1 comment:

  1. I am laughing so hard too!! That's pretty funny!! I can only imagine. I just talked to mom and she said she had SUCh a fun weekend. I want to come visit. OH, and thanks for the pictures of your house. Looks awesome!! And, we will see ya in two weeks!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete